WHAT IS IT?
Are you creative? How about artistic? Have you ever picked up a book, looked at the cover, and thought, “I can do better!”
This is your chance to design the cover of a brand new book. Read the story The Red Leaf by Sneha Caroline, which can be found here or in the National Library Week Toolkit. Create an imaginative cover, with the story title included in the design. Then send a picture of your design to email@example.com before Friday Dec 6th at midnight. Well known illustrator Ajanta Guhathakurta will select the winning cover.
The winning artist will be awarded two exciting prizes:
- A copy of The Red Leaf with his or her cover design, published by Hippocampus
- Rs. 15,000 worth of books for the winning artist’s school library!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Students of any age from schools that are registered for Hippocampus’ National Library Week, 2013
- To enter, either take a photograph of your cover art and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or courier your cover art directly to:
Hippocampus Children’s Experience Center
Re: National Library Week
525, 16th Main, 3rd Block, Koramangala
Bangalore – 560034
- Your cover art can include hand-drawn, photographic, or computerized designs, but they must be original. We will not accept entries with graphic designs taken directly from the internet!
- When you send in your entry, make sure to include the following information:
- Name of Artist:
- School Name:
- School Phone Number:
- School Email Address:
- One entry per child.
- All cover designs that are entered into the contest may be posted on the National Library Week blog, or used in any other Hippocampus marketing or informational materials, without any further notice to the artist.
- We must receive all entries by Friday, Dec 6th at midnight.
SELECTING THE WINNERS
- Well known illustrator Ajanta Guhathakurta will select the winning cover. The winner will be announced here, on the National Library Week blog, on Dec 16. The winner will also be contacted directly.